Unless otherwise stated, all materials at kidsocialstudies.com, including the text (games, templates, document files, quiz questions, transcriptions, and tutorials), HTML code, graphics, videos, photos, sound files, and overall content are copyright © since November 2016 by Doriane Laetitia Tankoua Nya and are protected by international copyright law.
Apart from the free downloads offered on this site, no part of this site, including the HTML code, text, video or audio files, may be reproduced, copied, recorded, stored, modified, republished, downloaded, or distributed in any form without written permission of Doriane Laetitia Tankoua Nya, except for the conditions below.
My site is free to use online, but there are several limitations on how the material can and cannot be used. I have added this section for those visitors who want to respect my work, but also want to use the site as part of their study and teaching.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to license the rights to use the materials beyond the limitations stated below. Any variations to these restrictions must be approved by Doriane Laetitia Tankoua Nya:
- the contents of this site may be used online for personal use either at home, at an educational institution, or at a company;
- the games and quiz questions or scripts may be printed for personal use offline. In other words, the quiz questions and a script can be printed and then used in a student’s free time away from the computer.
- the materials may be used online at educational institutions, either for individual or teacher-guided instruction;
- teachers are permitted to make copies of a limited number of pages for students for incidental use (not as part of a textbook, etc.), and the following copyright notice must appear on each copy:
Copyright © 2016 by kidsocialstudies.com
- making reference to the site and its activities in workshops or other presentations may be done without permission (I always encourage people to get the word out about my sites); however, permission to do so is requested if original graphics, screen shots, videos, quizzes, or transcripts are used as part of that presentation (which I usually grant).
- Copying, modifying, or redistributing the videos, Games, quizzes and scripts for students beyond the limitations mentioned above whether it be for non-profit or profit purposes. In other words, you cannot republish the materials in any format whether it be for educational or commercial purposes, even if you cite this website as the source.
- Modifying the materials without written permission from Doriane Laetitia Tankoua Nya. Of course, please contact me if you have any particular suggestions about improving the material;
- installing the media files in any format to portable electronic devices including MP3/MP4 players and mobile phones;
- uploading and storing the files on the internet or local network, such as a computer lab, whether it be for educational or commercial use;
- creating a CD of my materials either for personal, educational, or commercial purposes;
- embedding the sound or video files in any other application is not allowed.
- The free downloads offered on this site may not be uploaded to another site, mass produced and redistributed without the formal consent of Doriane Laetitia Tankoua Nya. They are purposely for individual use. Students and teacher can download them for private language learning.
- We have currently applied for a Google adsense account. If the application is successful, we would be running ad campaigns on our website.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Andrew Jackson Worksheet for kids.
Printable flash cards about Andrew Jackson
U.S. Presidents PPT
PowerPoint Download on U.S.A. presidents.
Board Games on Presidents
Download free PDF printable Board games on U.S. Presidents.
Andrew Jackson was appointed as the Major General in the Tennessee militia in the year 1802. His successful defeat of the British in the battle of New Orleans made him a national hero. The battle made him famous because he was able to defeat some of the best British regiments; these were the same soldiers who had defeated Napoleon. Prior to this, the Americans had never won a victory against a major European power without the help of another European power.
By 1828, Jackson won the Presidency of the United States. His victory was a celebration for the people. People came from far and wide just to have a glance of their new President.
His Presidency had a low when he destroyed the National bank resulting in a nationwide depression. He was also responsible for relocating the most number of Indian tribes to the West. His practical solution was two things – either Indians could accept a piece of land and become farmers or if they were looking for a distinct identity they have to move to the West.
The South Carolina Legislature disrupted Jackson’s presidency by threatening to secede due to the high tariffs placed on imports. He retaliated by threatening to send 50,000 troops into their state to enforce the Constitution. South Carolina backed down. In the end, he was able to save the Union.
Jackson died on 8th June 1845 at his plantation, the Hermitage.